Welcome to our Blog
The "Healthy Living Blog" by Slimple™ offers great tips on how to take care of not just your body, but your mind too. We are excited to share with you the hottest ways to stay in shape, eat healthy, lose weight and much more. With the craziness of the world nowadays, it can be hard to find time for what's really important. There is one thing that is for sure though, if you don't have your health then you don't have anything. Good health is not just about healthy eating and exercise, but it also includes having positive mental health, a healthy self-image and a healthy lifestyle.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
1. Drink More Water - Did you know over 60% of our body is made up of water? Water is needed to carry out our body functions, remove waste and carry nutrients and oxygen around our body. It also aids in losing weight.
2. Exercise - Research has shown that exercising daily brings tremendous benefits to our health, including increase of life span, lowering the risk of diseases, higher bone density and weight loss.
3. Get Enough Sleep - When it comes to body weight, it may be that if you don't snooze, you lose. Lack of sleep seems to be related to an increase in hunger and appetite, and possibly to obesity. According to a 2004 study, people who sleep less than six hours a day were almost 30 percent more likely to become obese than those who slept seven to nine hours.
4. Quit Smoking - Did you know that just 8 hours after you had your last cigarette the damage caused by the 4000+ chemicals in cigarettes starts to reverse? Quitting smoking will lower your blood pressure, improve your heart rate and decrease serious health risks.
5. Meditate - Meditation can improve our creative thinking, boost our energy and decrease stress levels. Studies show that meditation is associated with improvement in a variety of psychological areas including: stress, anxiety, addiction, depression, eating disorders and cognitive functions. Taking just a few quite minutes a day to meditate, could change your life.
Try these great tips and you will be on the way to a healthier you.
Until next time, stay healthy!